<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, August 14, 2006

 
What Do You Want To Be?
A while ago, I was sitting outside eating lunch, and a trio of high school girls were sitting on a nearby bench. I overheard one of them ask the others, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" and this time, my brain came up with the best answer I've ever found to that question. In the silence of my own skull, it said plainly,
Rich enough that I don't have to choose.
Really, I do envy the family of characters in that silly series of Egypt mysteries, because they're a family of wealthy intellectuals, who have the luxury of all pursuing their own studies of interest. I am, of course, particularly jealous of the son, who has made a name for himself in philology. Oh, to spend all the time I wanted on studying languages, often in their country of origin...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?