<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, June 10, 2006

 
Role Model
Last night, I got a visit from the Ethical Werewolf, who I've known since high school. At some point, the conversation got around to reporting on what's been going on with our various siblings. Neil told me his younger sister has recently gone through the college search and acceptance process, and had asked him for advice on how to figure out what she wanted to do. Since she wasn't really sure about what career she wanted to pursue after college, as is the norm, he said she might also consider what kinds of things she thought it would be interesting to do after graduating. The response?

"Well, all those things you told me about Dana doing, traveling all over the world and stuff, that sounded good." (Paraphrased, of course; I wasn't there.)

I feel all warm and fuzzy now. I mean, I've only met Neil's sister once, that I can recall, and I'm not entirely sure we even had a conversation at the time, but I'm happy to be held up as an example of someone who did interesting and exciting things. Yay, me! My time has not been wasted. And I have no doubt that she will do many interesting and exciting things that I will get to be envious of in the coming years, as well.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?