<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, January 06, 2006

 
Spread the Word
Last weekend, at church, I had one of those, "Excuse me, where's the rewind button for life? I don't think I heard that right." We had a Polish woman as a visitor who stood up at the microphone for Joys and Concerns to say how happy she was to be there, how interesting she thought our Japanese New Year's service was, that she was trying to visit every UU church in the US, and it was her goal to bring to everyone the good word of... Esperanto.

No, I'm not kidding. Esperanto. I did not think there were still people around who were dedicated to the Esperanto movement, but I suppose this proves that if you attend a UU congregation long enough, you will see many, many strange and wonderful things.

Completely unrelated to Esperanto, but still in line with the entry title, please note that Geoff Pullum over at Language Log supports the use of "they" as a singular pronoun. Now with Shakespearian examples! New... er, rather, old... and improved!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?