<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, March 12, 2005

 
Miyazaki Themes
Near the end of the year I was living in Japan, one of the television stations started showing one of Miyazaki's movies each weekend. (Relevant post here. Gee, my life was more interesting back then.) Now, I'm gradually watching them all again, but with English subtitles this time. Turns out, I got most of the plots right even without understanding half the words. Go me!

Last night I watched NausicaƤ of the Valley of the Winds, and later, as I was trying to fall asleep, came up with a list of commonly repeated themes throughout almost all of Miyazaki's movies.
Anyway, I heartily encourage people to take advantage of all the newly (US) released Miyazaki movies out there now. His latest movie, Howl's Moving Castle has been out in Japan since November, and I am very jealous that I haven't gotten to see it yet. I hope it gets to the US, and soon.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?