<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

 
Another Angry, Tired Voter
I was going to post a rather long, angry, but well-reasoned rant. As it turns out, though, I'm just far too tired. I have an exam tomorrow which I haven't studied for, a class to prepare out of whole cloth, and a huge amount of apathy toward real life to overcome. In the end, it boils down to these words, which I actually did manage to write earlier today, when I had a little more energy.

***

I used to be proud to be American. Now I think I am only proud of myself, my upbringing, my family, and my friends. I have no respect for my country anymore. I will continue to live here because it is advantageous, not because I have any love for the place. A mercenary attitude is aiding me in finding compromise with so many decisions in my life right now.

***

I have more to say, but I just can't right now.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?