<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, October 19, 2004

 
Short Things
My student Meg actually took the time to research why the leaves in Michigan seem to turn brighter colors than the trees in Japan. Her blog is now officially more interesting than mine.

I just got back from a State Dept. presentation, supposedly about jobs for people interested in going abroad. The presentation was not that inspiring, and the most interesting thing I learned was that people in the Foreign Service actually seem to believe that Strunk & White's Elements of Style is the best writing manual a person can have. I weep for the grammar of government reports.

I figured out what I want to do for my research project! It even seems doable in the half of the semester I have left to me. Clever, clever me. Now, to round up some victims... I mean, subjects.

More substantive account of the wonderful but rainy weekend with my parents later.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?