<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, August 28, 2004

 
Moved!
Well, I did it! I moved. Hard as it is to believe, I actually moved a week ago. It really doesn't seem like it. Why do I always have to be moving into a new place right when I'm also supposed to start working? This is a habit I would like to avoid getting into.

In any case, my new apartment is slowly but surely taking shape. Even though I am living alone now, due to an amazing and unforeseen turn of luck, I am once again in a two-bedroom apartment, leaving me with what seems like massive amounts of space and very little to put in it. I am currently pretty much only living in the small bedroom, rather a lot like the single dorm room I had in college, until my parents can bring me my big bed from home in October. Then the small bedroom will become my office/guest room/library, and I'll actually have to make the large bedroom presentable, rather than a respository for all the things I haven't found a place for yet, and then shutting the door so I don't have to look at them all.

Soon the living room and dining area will be presentable, though! Yesterday, Lee and his father brought me the couch that used to belong to Lee's cousin who moved to Taiwan, and today I went shopping at Meijer and got a dining room table and chairs, a TV table, and a third bookshelf. Oh, and a phone with an answering machine, soon to be installed. This is becoming increasingly necessary, as more people learn my new phone number and my "garden level" apartment stubbornly continues to get almost no cell phone reception whatsoever. Now, if I could only get internet and cable service going, I'd be all set.

I have to admit that I am finding this whole process of starting over with almost entirely new stuff to be rather cathartic, as well as reminiscent of when I first arrived in Japan. There is just something very refreshing about moving into a new place with very little and arranging everything exactly as you want it. I hope that I can have everything well and truly put away soon, so I can feel like I am starting out fresh and organized both. I have high hopes for this year.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?