<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, May 06, 2004

 
The first step...
...is admitting you have a problem. *deep breath*

Hello, my name is Dana, and I am addicted to buying books. I can't help it! *sob* They're just so useful, so full of information! Every time I want to learn about something new, I just find myself going to Amazon and buying new books. I want to stop, for the sake of my bank account, but I just can't. I blame it on my parents. I was raised in an intellectual household. Nobody told me it was wrong. From now on, I'm going to try, every day, in some small way, to stop my craving for books. I feel it may be a losing battle, but I have to try. For a little while at least.

****

-PS - In case you were curious, the latest books were purchased to read up on teaching English in China, to prepare for the summer. Oh, and another one as a reference for my ESL curriculum. I know it's justification, but I really think they were necessary purchases. Maybe I don't need to give up my addiction, maybe I just need a better-paying job...

-PPS - To my parents: Thank you for raising me on books, encouraging my curiosity, and enabling to find all the information I need on my own, even if I do occasionally run the risk of overrunning my available bookshelf space.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?