<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, February 20, 2004

 
Painless
Well, that was painless. I had my first meeting with Bob, the associate director of the ELC, who is thus my boss. He was on sabbatical last semester, so I hadn't really talked to him much before. Anyway, he observed me teach on Tuesday, so today we were doing the post-observation meeting. Basically, he had nothing bad to say. He said he thought I asked good questions and elicited answers well from the students. I got the two students who came in a few minutes late involved immediately and well. I encouraged good discussions, had good pacing, and I gave him good reasoning for the amount of time I gave students to do their reading in class. I am cool. Go me.

Fun Stuff to Start the Weekend
Want to take a quiz? Here are some good ones.

Are you Dixie or Yankee? (Dialectically, that is. 0% is Yankee, 100% is Dixie.) I'm 83% Dixie, in case you were wondering. Please note, this has nothing to do with accent.

What book are you?
I got:
"You're Siddhartha!
by Hermann Hesse
You simply don't know what to believe, but you're willing to try anything once. Western values, Eastern values, hedonism and minimalism, you've spent some time in every camp. But you still don't have any idea what camp you belong in. This makes you an individualist of the highest order, but also really lonely. It's time to chill out under a tree. And realize that at least you believe in ferries."
(A lot of people at Grinnell were getting eerily fitting things on this test.)

What country are you?
I am apparently Mozambique or the UN, depending.

One Good Thing in KOTOR
On genuinely funny thing in Knights of the Old Republic, which I neglected to mention yesterday, is all the conversational options for the Jedi knight playing the straight Dark Side. Mark beat the game on the Light Side last night, so now he plans to go back through and be evil. I may be more inclined to stay in the room this time just to get to see him say things that are just sarcastic and evil just for the sake of being evil. I was going to give some examples, but neither of us can remember any right now.

In Googling for KOTOR dark side quotes, I scanned some Star Wars discussion boards. I determined that this person just wasn't paying attention. Allow me to quote: "When you interact with NPCs the characters express themselves so damn well. Ithorians speak ithorian, rodians speak rodian, twi'lek speak their own language too, but even still they all perfectly express their sadness or confusion or excitement by their tone of voice and body language. Voice acting is top notch..."

Oy.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?