<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, January 11, 2004

 
All Good Things Must Come to an End
There goes my vacation. Good-bye!

*waves hand*

It was fun while it lasted. Now it's back to the great grinding of a new semester. For all that care, I am taking the TESOL practicum, Advanced TESOL Methods, and Structures and Functions of English (aka Grammar for Teachers). Perhaps more relevantly, since it seems to be the teaching that takes over my life, rather than the academics, I am teaching Level 2 Reading and Writing. It is my grand plan to make all the students keep blogs to practice their writing skills, so you can look forward to that in the not-too-distant future.

The teaching starts on Tuesday. In the meantime, I've been proctoring the placement exams at the glorious hour of 8am since Thursday, and I must arise to do the same tomorrow. I also have to attend my first classes tomorrow. Thank goodness I got a lot of fun reading for Christmas. Which reminds me...

The Great Book List of Future Reading Pleasure for 2004 (so far, and in no particular order)
Wicked, the Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West by Gregory Maguire
The Silmarillion by JRR Tolkien
The Singing Sword by Jack Whyte
Shroud for a Nightingale by P.D. James
Portuguese Irregular Verbs by Alexander McCall Smith (yes, this is a work of fiction)
The Faded Sun by C.J. Cherryh
Cosmonaut Keep, Dark Light, and Engine City by Ken MacLeod
Tuf Voyaging by George R.R. Martin
and a bunch of National Geographic magazines, which may be a bad thing, as it will encourage my ever-thwarted desire to travel, alas.

Thank goodness for intelligent books. I may just survive.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?