<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, November 08, 2003

 
Wide Open Spaces
Behold! Our house is clean. Well, you can't really behold, but if you could, you'd be amazed. Really. At least, if you'd seen it before, you would be. Perhaps I should just stick with saying that I am amazed.

We had a very productive day. We put away laundry, put up posters and pictures, unpacked lingering boxes, sorted papers into filing cabinets, dusted, and vacuumed the whole house for the first time in weeks. Even in the office. There were still 2 boxes of assorted random stuff from Japan in there, plus the box with my stereo in it, all underneath the card table Mark had originally gotten out to hold his Morrowind map with all the excessively neat and labeled pins denoting places he'd already been. He then proceeded to pile the rest of the table with all sorts of stuff, leaving a very narrow path between his desk chair and the table, by which I could wend my way to the other side of the room to get to my school books. Now the table is put away! The map is on the wall, the stuff is all gone, and I can walk all the way across the room without tripping. As I can in the bedroom, the living room, and the dining room as well. Ah, floor space, how I have missed you so.

What is most amazing is that all of this happened just in the afternoon. For lunch, you see, we had to go to the mall to get Mark a new computer game. Once the house was clean, I released him to go install his new obsession, so now I won't see him again for a few weeks. It's amazing what he'll do with the right motivation.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?