<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, September 07, 2003

 
Movies, Good and Bad
Another thing I have been enjoying about being back in the US, and particularly back amongst my regular friend group, is that I can indulge myself with movies again. In Japan, going to a movie theater could cost more than $10-15, so I didn't do it that often. Of course, I watched rented movies with Richard several times, and movies on TV, but for myself, I was too lazy to go to the rental place on a regular basis. Besides which, it's always more fun to watch movies, particularly dumb ones, with other people.

For this reason, and for the purposes of reliving my childhood, yesterday I bought the first two Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movies, as well as Mortal Kombat. None of these movies have terribly many things to recommend them, except that they actually do have some good karate in them, and they came out back in the heyday of my adolescent karate life. (Oh, and they were cheap. That too.) What is more guaranteed to take me back to middle school, and Emory Karate Systems, than the Ninja Turtles busting into the night club where Vanilla Ice is singing "Ice, Ice, Baby"? Classic, I tell you.

Also on the subject of movies, this past Thursday I went with Mark, Matt, and Heather to see "Pirates of the Carribean" and had a total blast. That movie is hilarious. Johnny Depp is either the best or worst pirate ever, and just brilliant. And of course it doesn't hurt that his sidekick is Legolas. I mean, Orlando Bloom. Everyone should see it! After all, Talk Like A Pirate Day is coming up, and you have to get ready! I assure you, this movie is much better than the Ninja Turtles. My taste is not all bad. Just go see it, savvy?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?